This blog is a membership based discussion forum on Project Management, Software Quality, CMMI® for development, ISMS and associated subjects. It provides a common platform for our training participants and others to share views and obtain expert opinion on issues related to above subjects. Also, it is used by QualityMentors training participants to upload their personal details in a secured manner in line to the guidelines laid down in ISO/IEC 17024:2003. This blog draws its strength from its members who are welcome to share professional and personal experiences, comments, articles and reference links to make it a preferred knowledge repository for their collective use. It encourages fact based decision making as an success enabler for projects in member organizations.
Documentation for organisational context
April 11, 2018Posted by on
Asheef Mohamed from Muscat, Oman has asked: “For context of organisation what record can be used? Internal and external issues logs or something else?”
Here are my views on this issue:
Except clause 4.3: Scope, the requirements of clause 4 of ISO 9001:2015 are not covered in the list of mandated documents. However, determination of external and internal issues, interested parties and their requirements are ‘shall statements’. Not only this, their monitoring and review to ensure their continued suitability for the organization are also shall statements. How to achieve these requirements without excessive documentation is part of your question. Here are some of the ways you can achieve this objective of yours:
- Organizational goals, purpose, intended outcomes may be in the form of mission, vision, Quality Policy and core value statements
- Internal and external issues may be included in organizational risk register, strategy, MoMs, email circulars, posters etc)
- Context statement in a few organization
- Applicable legislation and regulatory compliance register
- Contracts with customers and suppliers
- Complaints/ complements received from customers and others
- Interested parties and their needs & expectations
Since your query is for organisational context, I take it for entire clause 4 of the stadard. Let me therefore include clauses 4.3 and clause 4.4 also.
- Documented Scope statement, which anyways remains a mandated requirement
- Defined process framework and interrelations between processes
- Evidence and of continual improvement
- Formats, guidelines, standards, checklists, directives etc.
Hope this satisfies your query. I will be pleased to more clarify issues …
Comments are closed.